ProCon Member Login
Enter your email address and password to login to your ProCon Member Account.
15th October 2020: 2pm for approx 1 hour
On 20 January 2020 Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick announced new measures to improve building safety standards, described as: ‘the biggest change in building safety for a generation’.
The changes, following the Grenfell Tower fire, include:
• The immediate creation of a new Building Safety Regulator within the Health and Safety Executive.
• Clarified and consolidated advice for building owners.
• An update on fire sprinklers.
• A consultation on extending the ban on combustible materials to buildings below 18 metres.
• A response to Phase 1 of the Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry.
• Naming building owners where remediation has not started to remove unsafe Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding.
We have put together a panel of experts who will give an insight into these changes and the impact on the building industry.
Paul Meadows from Salus Approved Inspectors will provide an overview of current Building Regulations and highlight the proposed changes with a focus on fire regulations. Whilst Kanti Chhapi from architects, Stephen George + Partners and Darren Wallace from contractor, Stepnell will provide their insights and how the changes will impact on current and future planning and developments.
There will be a Q&A session after the presentations.
ProCon Nottinghamshire Limited
Park View House, 58 The Ropewalk, Nottingham, NG1 5DW. Company number: 11283272